Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Book Report Two: Response Two

When I finished this book I went online looking for a sequel and I figured since it is the Chronicles of Mistmantle there would be more Chronicles. That is how much I enjoyed this book. I give this book a ten out of ten for sheer excellence. This book contains everything a good book should have; action, love, drama, betrayal, comedy, adventure, suspense, and hope. Urchin and I are hardly alike. He works hard just to become a tower a squirrel and hopefully join the circle. I don’t work hard and I don’t want to be a tower squirrel, I personally enjoy being human. I learned from this book that you need to act, not just sit on the sidelines waiting for somebody to save the day. Another thing I learned is to not judge people on how they look or act because people thought Urchin was not normal and though he deserved to be culled. (killing small or deformed babies because the would suffer in life and eat up the islands food stores and not pull their weight). People are people and they are probably will not change who they are. The only complaint I have is this books length and density. It could have been longer and they could have fit a lot more on a page. What I’m trying to say is that this book lacks substance. This book is awesome and I will read it again for the fifth time in a year or two.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that you had so much to say! 249 word, actually. I can tell when reading this that you really did like the book- your excitement showed in your writing. That makes for good writing!
    As an aside, I wonder if you really meant "substance"? Generally, that means it was pointless- not deep thinking needed. I think of that with Twillight--you know?

    ReplyDelete