The book I read was Mistmantle Chronicles: Urchin of The Riding Stars. Urchin’s mother stowed away on a ship to the island of Mistmantle. She had fallen overboard and washed up on the Mistmantle shore. Right then she had giving birth to Urchin and died in the process. Urchin had been scooped up off the bank by a seagull and is dropped on the night of the riding stars. (Urchin is a squirrel and Mistmantle is populated by squirrels, otters, moles, and hedgehogs.) His fur is pale and when Brother Fir and Captain Crispin first saw him from Fir’s turret they though he was a riding star, then realized it was a squirrel and went to go see if he was still alive
I like this book because it is adventurous and for some reason I really enjoy books like this with tiny little forest animals with swords. I have read this book 3 times so clearly I like it. People who like Lord of The Rings books would like this book. This book is easy to read, and can easily be finished in a day. A person who could not stand Lord of the Rings books but like the genre would like this book it’s a very light, easy read.
Urchin had to make some incredibly tough decisions. For example, when Crispin was exiled Urchin could have gone with him or he could stay on Mistmantle and help Padra uncover the plot to murder the king of Mistmantle.
Wednesday, 28 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This sounds like a very interesting book chad! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI think you need to explain your last paragraph a little batter. It's a little out of the blue. maybe add a closing statement for the first paragraph, and a topic sentence for the second.
I want to hear more in that third paraghaph! You stop when you start getting into it...
ReplyDelete